Sunday, January 31, 2010

Imbolc plannings and early buds
























It's a beautiful sunny day today, but still cold enough that the heavy blanket of snow (6-8 inches, although it looks like less here) that fell Friday night and Saturday morning is still fully intact. Apologies for the cellphone pic, but here you can see those gorgeous blue shadows on the snow, as well as the narcissus (just about to explode into bloom) on the left, big feathery yarrow on the right, and the little tiny pot to the far right containing some broadleaf plantain rescued from downtown Durham.

Two more days till Imbolc/Candlemas/Lady Day/Brigid's Day/whatever you like to call it! It's going to be my second witchy birthday so I'm trying to plan something a little bigger than just lighting candles and incense and reading a little poetry, as my rituals mostly are these days. Still don't have a circle or such-like to celebrate with, but I'm already planning a family meal (a custard, braided bread, carrots in calendula-butter (poor man's saffron), and some sort of protein, as I still have to think about nutrition) in honor of Brigid, even if it's only I and the Baird blood in Amam's veins that realise it.

I'm also planning on participating in the 5th Annual Cyberspace Poetry Slam! Heard about it from Joanna Colbert of the Gaian Tarot, who's also got a picture up of her gorgeously decorated Imbolc altar, so I highly recommend you check it out. Basically, the Slam is about all and any bloggers who want to do so putting up a piece of poetry in honor of Brigid, Imbolc, Spring, or the like (can be yours or just a bit you like, as I will do) anytime during February 2nd. If you choose to do this, I suggest you leave a comment on Joanna's post about the subject linking to your post - she wants to do a network sort of thing.

No comments: